• 1 month later...

Finally, some Mendoza Line news for those of us who care!

Go here: http://glurp.com/menu4.html and then click on "The Mendoza Line," and then read the tracklisting for the upcoming double-CD, and then click on "More about 30 Year Low and The Mendoza Line" to read the surprising story of what's been going on with those guys. No wonder critics call them the indie-rock version of Fleetwood Mac! Good lord!!!

Thanks for the update, it was really interesting to finally find out what is going on. I wonder if Misra Records sort of imploding also had something to do with it?

Can't say that I like the later releases or Slow Dazzle as much, but I'm still buy everything they put out. Must put on that Called up from AA outtake CD.....

The last time they were slated to come through North Texas I was able to interview Timothy. The show got cancelled though, so I never got to write anything about it...He's a really nice fella, loves to talk sports. He writes a sports column on occasion for some website/magazine in NYC. If I can find the link he sent me I'll put it up here. I remember him telling me that Pete Hoffman was getting married and leaving the band for the foreseeable future, which is sad. I'm glad Glurp is putting something out but I don't understand why these guys have never been picked up by a Merge or a Matador or something. Their last four records are some of the best of the aughts.

Damn--according to the Glurp site Timothy and Shannon are getting divorced and she's leaving the band. That sucks.

I remember him telling me that Pete Hoffman was getting married and leaving the band for the foreseeable future, which is sad. I'm glad Glurp is putting something out but I don't understand why these guys have never been picked up by a Merge or a Matador or something. Their last four records are some of the best of the aughts.

I miss Pete's contributions to the band, but Timothy is by far my favorite ML singer/songwriter. Must be cuz I'm a Dylan fanatic, and everyone says Bracy's singing and songwriting are very similar to Dylan's. Shannon's singing and songwriting will also be missed.

Yes, I too have always wondered why someone like Matador or (especially) Merge hadn't picked up the band. They seem like a perfect fit for Merge. Maybe the upcoming 10-year anniversary "best-of" CD on Misra will put a cap to their bouncing-around days and then they'll finally be able to get some label security somewhere.

Neat discussion with Corey Brown from Misra/absolutely kosher over at Frank's (JamesMercer) Blog:

http://www.chromewaves.net/index.php?itemid=2625#nucleus_cf

I initially found it kinda strange that this new EP is on Glup records and not misra, but Cory sets it all straight and I must say the man with the faith behind the wrens is the coolest record person in indie rock.

Neat discussion with Corey Brown from Misra/absolutely kosher over at Frank's (JamesMercer) Blog:

http://www.chromewaves.net/index.php?itemid=2625#nucleus_cf

I initially found it kinda strange that this new EP is on Glup records and not misra, but Cory sets it all straight and I must say the man with the faith behind the wrens is the coolest record person in indie rock.

Shannon McArdle just stopped by and commented. I haven't had this much drama in my comments section in a long time. It's a little strange.

• 1 month later...

For us Mendoza Line fans...

The band's website has FINALLY been updated. There's even (glorious) mp3's from the upcoming mini-album. Sadly, "30 Year Low" is being called their "final" album. What this means for Timothy Bracy's music career is unknown.

Is Mendoza Line the most underrated band of the last five years, or what?

• 3 months later...

I know there are a few Mendoza Line (R.I.P.) fans out there, so I thought I'd tell y'all I found out that Timothy Bracy already has a new band together. They're called Timothy Bracy's Collection Agency. Nice, eh?! They have a myspace page, so take a look.