Andrew Bird - Simple X -- Kid A?

hahahahaha

nope.

and you want to know why?

because Martin Dosh wrote the entire music to Simple X, and Martin was doing his electronic thing with his old bands WAY way before Kid A was even a glimmer in Tom Yorke's googly eye

Why do people think Radiohead invented art rock, prog and eletronica?

How was this insinuated by the original poster?

Anyway, I would say the beat in Simple X is similar to the beat in Kid A, especially live versions, so yeah they do bear a resemblance but I don't think anyone besides Andrew knows if the song was influenced by it.

Why do people think Radiohead invented art rock, prog and eletronica?
Someone needs to ask Andrew if he ever even listened to Radiohead. I don't know when he had time.....the guy is fluent in so many types of music that I doubt Radiohead is even part of his influences.

LouieB

How was this insinuated by the original poster?

Anyway, I would say the beat in Simple X is similar to the beat in Kid A, especially live versions, so yeah they do bear a resemblance but I don't think anyone besides Andrew knows if the song was influenced by it.

Yeah, I wasn't implying that. The beat sounds very similar and the song even has the same feel. Also, just because Dosh wrote the song, doesn't mean he didn't write it on an acoustic and then Andrew simply wanted to arrange the song in the studio like Radiohead.

Anybody who has spent any time in the studio has said or heard someone say, "I want this to sound just like the Beatles." Or, "I want this to sound like Pet Sounds."

Yeah, I wasn't implying that. The beat sounds very similar and the song even has the same feel. Also, just because Dosh wrote the song, doesn't mean he didn't write it on an acoustic and then Andrew simply wanted to arrange the song in the studio like Radiohead.

Anybody who has spent any time in the studio has said or heard someone say, "I want this to sound just like the Beatles." Or, "I want this to sound like Pet Sounds."

it was actually released as Simple Exercises on Dosh's album Pure Trash. I am sure andrew added his own thoughts about the music when it was rewritten for his album, however it is not radically different.

it was actually released as Simple Exercises on Dosh's album Pure Trash. I am sure andrew added his own thoughts about the music when it was rewritten for his album, however it is not radically different.

yep... pretty much :)

Dosh doesn't write his stuff on guitar