Turns out I saw most of this during the Meet The Robinsons previews. A very strange movie, I might add.

Ha. Yeah, I kinda agree. The middle has some "what-the-hell?!" moments for sure.

I heard John Lassiter had some major re-working on the 'Robinsons' (it must have been REALLY out-of-sorts before he came in). I liked the beginning 3rd and ending 3rd. But parts of the middle were like, "what the hell?!?!?".

The bowler hat villain guy was quite strange but funny. I liked the character.

I thought the whole thing was very strange. The whole hat named Doris controlling Bowler Hat Guy thing freaked me out. I left the movie thinking the writers and everyone associated with it were high on some serious shit. :lol

I left the movie thinking the writers and everyone associated with it were high on some serious shit. :lol

"ringing endorsement"

Seriously, after that clip, Ratatouille looks like it will will easily be up there with The Incredibles and The Iron Giant. Brad Bird rules.

"ringing endorsement"

Seriously, after that clip, Ratatouille looks like it will will easily be up there with The Incredibles and The Iron Giant. Brad Bird rules.

It looks like digital technology has finally advanced to the point where they can successfully replicate human movement and not make the characters too cartoonish. Not that I have anything against cartooniness, mind you.

I'll second the love for Brad Bird. He's one of those guys (like Seth MacFarlane) who truly does it all. Writer, animator, director, voice actor. A part-time artist (and occasional writer) myself, I'm frankly in awe of his talents. Dude's a damned Iron Giant himself, and I'm looking forward to Ratatouille like few other flicks this year. And hey, uber-geek and genuinely nice guy Patton Oswalt voices the lead rat! How cool is that?