Bob Schneider at the Cain's

Went with my sister-in-law to see Bob Schneider last night at the legendary Cain's Ballroom (Home of Bob Wills) in T-Town. :dancing

It was her birthday, and BS is one of her favorites. :birthday

I wasn't real familiar with Bob, especially live, but he definitely put on a good show for the 500 or so rowdy fans in attendance. :rock

The Shiner Bock was cold and the music was hot! :cheers

We got there around 9:00 and missed the opener. Most people there probably did too. Not much of a rush for the stage early on. We got a couple beers and proceeded to get a front row spot on the rail at the left edge of the stage near Jeff, Bob's talented guitarist. :guitar

Bob started out on the steel drums (he had the drums on one side of him, keyboard on the other and mic in the center with acoustic guitar). Got himself a nice little haircut, as well. Bob's definitely a showman who can go from soulful singer songwriter to rock'n roller to party MC at the drop of a hat. :party

Only negative was the gaggle of drunken sorority girls screaming "WOOOOOOOOOO!" and "WE LOVE YOU BOB!" incessantly in my ear most of the night. Give it a rest, ladies. :frusty

Anyway, Bob and the band kept the MF'n party going about 1:45 minutes and a good time was had by all. Lots of fun banter throughout the night, plus good audience participation moments. He ended the show with a rollicking cover of "Sex Machine" ... he definitely brought the "FRUNK" as he calls it.

:bounce8

Got to drive home to Stillwater white knuckled in some torrential rain and incredible lightning, but it was well worth it.

:thumbup

Bob Schneider music