has anyone seen shearwater live?

they are in town saturday - same night as richmond fontaine. what to do? i haven't really heard too much of their stuff, but i've been on a HUGE okkervil river kick since the new album leaked. though i know shearwater does not = okkervil river, i can't imagine any will sheff project could be all that disappointing.

EDIT: while i'm at it, i might as well fish for any opinions on this one too: battles or david vandervelde?

Edited by Mystik Spiral

yes

GO!!!!!!!!

Meilburg sticks around at the merch table for what seems like hours afterwards. If you even sort of liked the last cd, seeing them live will make you love it. I'm trying to remember if Sheff had much to do with Palo Santo. I don't think so....

Will Sheff has not been in Shearwater in some time. They are awesome live; I've heard they've gotten even better since i last saw them a year or so ago.

GO!!!!!!!!

aye aye, captain. i was afraid that Will didn't have much to do with the band anymore, but my interest is up, and i think i'll see shearwater on saturday. i like richmond fontaine's thirteen cities album, but the shearwater show will be cheaper and smaller, so... :dancing

Last time they came by I was out of town, but by all accounts they are excellent live. If you love OR, you'll love Shearwater. Meiburg did a terrific job with Palo Santo, definitely one of the best albums of 2006. I have assorted track from Winged Life, Everybody Makes Mistakes, and Thieves, and they are all good as well.

:blink wow. that was pretty much awesome. thanks you guys for the shearwater pimping... i don't think richmond fontaine could've matched tonight's show.

one question though... is meiburg always that intense?!? dude scared me just a little bit... :unsure

damn, great show.