Lots o fun, but take ear plugs. :music

Is Spooner Oldham still touring them? If so, that'll be a treat.

not sure who is with them.

that's funny you should mention the ear plugs. hubby is running the show and when he just called, he was telling someone to go buy some ear plugs.

DBT is a lot of fun live, in my opinion. And yeah, they are about as loud as any band around, I think ... though there may be some volume restrictions in place at Castle Clinton (but I'm not sure about that). It's also quite a coincidence that Jason Isbell, who the band recently parted ways with, is playing elsewhere in the city tonight at The Mercury Lounge.

Anyway, to answer your question, yes ... I would go see them. I'm going to try to make it down there, but I may be late and I don't know how easy getting one of the free tickets will be if I am late. Plus ... I hear rain is in the forecast. Still worth it, though.

DBT has to be one of the best live acts in the business. I'll miss Jason in the lineup but Patterson is great live. The triple guitar onslaught is really worth seeing. I'm guessing you are going, Flick? If so, report back what you thought.

I went. it was a good show; they had that southern rock sound. someone played a 38 Special song (Caught Up In You) prior to the show and it was stuck in my head until they got on stage. I really dug the bass player; she was awesome. the only thing I didn't like was the songs all kind of sounded alike and the sound mix was muddy as hell. couldn't hear the Wurlitzer at all. it was sold out and people were standing outside getting tickets from people that were leaving the show early.

in conclusion, I give the show a B+. I have pics and will post them later.