New Smashing Pumpkins-Revisited

So I open my new Rolling Stone to see a 4 star review of the new Pumkins by David Fricke. I think well, Fricke can't be another tool of the corporate, money grubbing music industry so I'll give this another few spins. Well...it still isn't good.

You can basically cut this disc in half.

"Doomsday Clock"

as a chi-town native and fan of The Smashing Pumpkins...............I went into this one knowing it would not be Siamese Dream or Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness good...............but that they were back with their sound was important to me.............songs one through 5 are money and great................and I got the target version so I got the acoustic strummed Zeitgeist as my bonus track.............which is also solid.............there are a few weak songs sure..............but the fact that they resemble the Machina days after being gone for 7 is enough for me..............I really like the album and give it a thumbs up and feel it is worthy of praise.............