What to do in Winnipeg?

Topic title says it all. Very sorry about Nels, of course.

My wife and I live in southern Minnesota; we planned to drive to Duluth tomorrow, then push on to Winnipeg the day after, so the chicken pox has double-whammied us. And unfortunately we'll almost certainly not be able to make the rescheduled Duluth show (work obligations). Ugh.

We've never been to Winnipeg, so we're inclined to go as planned -- doubt we can cancel our B&B reservation anyway. Suggestions, anybody?

my dad was born in winnipeg...but i don't know much about it.

when my sister was driving through it once, she went to this 'famous' (i don't know if this is true...) anarchist coffee shop/book store. i don't know if you're into that kind of thing, but it might be interesting...

One Great City!

Late afternoon, another day is nearly done. A darker gray is breaking through a lighter one. A thousand sharpened elbows in the underground. That hollow hurried sound of feet on polished floor, and in the Dollar Store the clerk is closing up, and counting Loonies, trying not to say, "I hate Winnipeg." The driver checks the mirror, seven minutes late. The crowded riders' restlessness enunciates that the Guess Who suck, the Jets were lousy anyway. The same route every day. And in the turning lane, someone's stalled again. He's talking to himself, and hears the price of gas repeat his phrase: "I hate Winnipeg." And up above us all, leaning into sky, our Golden Business Boy will watch the North End die, and sing "I love this town," then let his arcing wrecking ball proclaim, "I hate Winnipeg."

One Great City!

Late afternoon, another day is nearly done. A darker gray is breaking through a lighter one. A thousand sharpened elbows in the underground. That hollow hurried sound of feet on polished floor, and in the Dollar Store the clerk is closing up, and counting Loonies, trying not to say, "I hate Winnipeg." The driver checks the mirror, seven minutes late. The crowded riders' restlessness enunciates that the Guess Who suck, the Jets were lousy anyway. The same route every day. And in the turning lane, someone's stalled again. He's talking to himself, and hears the price of gas repeat his phrase: "I hate Winnipeg." And up above us all, leaning into sky, our Golden Business Boy will watch the North End die, and sing "I love this town," then let his arcing wrecking ball proclaim, "I hate Winnipeg."

:wub