news for you Gin Blossom fans

:dancing .............very cool..............loved this band always...............I have always said that Adam Duritz is a very underrated lyricist.............I like all of their albums.............Murder of One and Holiday in Spain are my fav songs by them.............gotta say for him to be sober is good for him personally but he was such a performer the few times I saw him when he was lit onstage................he also has the added honor of dating Courtney Cox and Jennifer Anniston..........the two good looking friends.............not a bad days work there
same era...........same type of sound and often toured together etc..............that is what he meant.........

Are you sure?

That said, I'm going to wait until I hear some of this before I get excited. The first two Counting Crows albums were great, the third had a couple moments, and Hard Candy was pure crap. I'd love to hear another good album from these guys, but we'll see...

He could have if the thread were actually about the Gin Blossoms. :lol

Hard Candy was pure crap.

Hard Candy is tough to listen to......It was at that time a lot of bands from that era were starting to find out that they were being pushed out by others styles of music such as emo etc and their music reflected that...............I thought This Desert Life was a very good album..........I think in his sobering experiences and his desire to get the band back on track in today's music world...........his lyrics will be there on the new one..........I think for them it will be a great day and comeback..

I threw away Hard Candy and the third album when I moved. Maybe I'll track them down again and see if they've grown on me at all. All I clearly remember from HC is the American Girls single and that there's a song that namechecks Richard Manuel. I blocked the rest out...

Perfect Blue Buildings is a nice song. I haven't liked anything of theirs except the first album and a fantastic european bootleg I have that has a terrific version of "Elizabeth" on it, their best song in my book (though imo the studio version is a stinker).

although I think I remember them doing a decent version of "you ain't going nowhere" that was an add-on to some european release or something. anyone heard that one?

to me, CC gave up on a great sound, and direction they were heading in from their first record.

All the sudden, Adam decided to become a pop group. He seems to say that in the Billboard article.

Maybe this new record will be one that sounds like they took it seriously.

2nd album was just like the first in sound imo...........but after that I see your point.............I think as artists they realized over the past few years of free concerts they were backed in a corner professionally and now it is put up or shut up for them................before I think they always thought they would make it.............now they realize they could join Hootie and the Blowfish in the Land of the Lost with another pop mishap like Hard Candy..........