Looking for writers

The Owl & The Bear needs writers! If you're interested in writing for us, please PM me. Here are the guidelines.

Record/DVD/movie reviews* from the last 12 months, including reissues.

At least 2 reviews per week, 100-250 words per disc (easy!). We will provide MP3s, but you can also review CDs that you've picked up on your own.

Record reviewers can also submit concert reviews from the last 12 months. No word limit.

Reviews are graded A through F (modeled after the A/V club). Most reviews should fall into the B/D range. For a good explanation of the grading system check this out.

Check Owl&Bear review samples here and here, or take a look at the many reviews on the site.

Editorials, blogs, misc.

If you are interested in opining or blogging on the site, let me know. We're looking for nondumbasses :ohwell with some kind of expertise to talk about, or people who want to post something specific. One post per week minimum.

Reviews are edited before posted, but it would be nice if you had a good handle on English/grammar. You can still edit your reviews after the fact. If you show that you're committed, we will subscribe you to to Stop Smiling or something similar in lieu of pay. Thanks for your interest! Please don't respond unless you're serious and think that you can meet deadlines.

:thumbup

If there were about twelve more hours in each day, I would really think about this. As it is, I'm barely able to keep up with everything I need to do during the twenty-four I'm allotted. :hmm

No prob! I need writers for the exact same reason. ;)