Has anyone been to the Dallas venue?

I've only been to the upper part (the palladium loft). It's very clean and you can go sit out on the large deck and have a drink between sets (probably not an option if you want to be up near the stage). Sound was good upstairs, I haven't heard the main hall sound. Apparently there are video screens in the main hall, there were flat panels in the loft part that I assume show the same thing. It's a pretty nice place, though it's located in a weird part of downtown. Nothing beats the Granada for as far as location for me.

I saw The Shins there earlier this year. It's a big, wide open venue (at least by Wilco's standards) with good sound and lots of room around the edges to walk around. Bars on all three sides of the stage with screens showing the stage. I was fairly far back for the Shins' show, but didn't feel like I missed anything by not being up close (if that makes sense).

Lee Harvey's is a pretty cool bar/burger place nearby.

From the research I have done online, it appears that this place used to be Gilleys? Iam just wondering where to tell the cab driver to take me (Iam staying at the Adams Mark) as I have been having bad luck with cab drivers not knowing where their going recently, especially when it comes to new clubs.

Also I havent been able to find out what time the doors open?

I saw The Shins there earlier this year. It's a big, wide open venue (at least by Wilco's standards) with good sound and lots of room around the edges to walk around. Bars on all three sides of the stage with screens showing the stage. I was fairly far back for the Shins' show, but didn't feel like I missed anything by not being up close (if that makes sense).

Lee Harvey's is a pretty cool bar/burger place nearby.

Thanks for the venue description.

That's about what I gathered from some research and other info.

We're flying in from Philly that morning and staying in Irving that day and having dinner in Deep Elum (at "Monica's aca y alla" which I remember as being pretty awesome) before the show.

I figure we'll roll (if not stumble) in to the Palladium at about 7:45pm or so during Dr. Dog, figuring WILCO will hit the stage at about 8:45pm.

Guess I better not wear my Eagles jersey to the show huh? :shifty

From the research I have done online, it appears that this place used to be Gilleys? Iam just wondering where to tell the cab driver to take me (Iam staying at the Adams Mark) as I have been having bad luck with cab drivers not knowing where their going recently, especially when it comes to new clubs.

Also I havent been able to find out what time the doors open?

tell the driver 1135 s lamar and the doors open at 7:30

I have been having bad luck with cab drivers not knowing where their going recently, especially when it comes to new clubs.

i have too! i was in philadelphia in july and my cab driver drove around for like 45 minutes trying to get me somewhere and then tried to charge me for the entire time! i'm not going to pay you for getting LOST in your own city.

Thanks for the venue description.

That's about what I gathered from some research and other info.

We're flying in from Philly that morning and staying in Irving that day and having dinner in Deep Elum (at "Monica's aca y alla" which I remember as being pretty awesome) before the show.

I figure we'll roll (if not stumble) in to the Palladium at about 7:45pm or so during Dr. Dog, figuring WILCO will hit the stage at about 8:45pm.

Guess I better not wear my Eagles jersey to the show huh? :shifty

Monica's is still great but IMO better for breakfast. They have a great bottomless margarita and Mimosa offered for brunch.

And don't worry about the Eagles jersey. The Dallas Cryboy fans around here are pretty passive. My two favorite teams are the NY Jets and anyone who plays the Cryboys!