Friday, September 21st - Toad's Place Part II

If anyone is in there area or doesn't mind traveling for some fun, there's a fantastic cover band called The Nerds playing tonight. They play everything from 'American Pie', 'You Shook Me All Night Long' to current mainstream stuff. It's not necessarily anything I would go out and purchase (the actual artists, I mean) but it is one helluva a show! They're usually just in NY & NJ and basically do private parties these days, i.e. weddings and birthdays. So they don't get to grace New England as much as they used to.

They'll have at least two openers too. I discovered another really great band down there before. The Nerds are due to go on at 10p. They have a page if you want to check it out www.myspace.com/thenerds

Great party :dancing , seriously!!!

($15 cover)

:rock

God, those guys are one of the bands killing original music in NJ....thanks

Sorry...I think they're fun. Have you ever actually been to a show?!?

And like I said...going to see them was how I discovered an absolutely, incredible band that I am now friends with and travel to NJ quite often just to catch a gig :rock

So who knows what else I'll discover tonight B)

Yup...a snob.

Well before the phone call from Jeff & Glenn, I was having a pretty mediocre time. It turned out there were 4 bands altogether. We missed the 1st one. The 2nd was decent, think they were called Covin...original stuff, pretty hardcore...a few covers...female bass player. They rocked hard and put on a decent show. The 3rd band...Rockstar...OMFG...covers were what they were about. None of the band members looked they even belonged in the same band. The lead singer did play to the audience and stuff, but it was just...ugh!!! I found myself standing there arms crossed, eye almost twitching at the idea that I had to stand there and endure this. I figured once The Nerds would come out, all would be well. I was WRONG, so VERY, VERY wrong!!! They aren't what I remembered them to be (and no, I wasn't drinking last time) and I SWEAR TO GOD Mongo was lip-synching some of this shit!!! There's no way Mongo can sound just LIKE Charlie Daniels...and there was no DAMN fiddle in sight ANYWHERE!!! Apparently I was an idiot in the past and now I'm a snob...haha

idk...I wasn't a kid when I saw them last...it was only 2 or 3 years ago. I guess I've moved on from the "mass appeal" stuff. Weird...I never thought I would. I like what I like and I know what I like and this is NOT it :no

Hope no one took my advice on Friday and went down.

But the phone call more than makes up for any of it :dancing :wub