Songs on TV shows

So, I am visiting my parents, and my mom is watching "Cold Case" on CBS in my parents room. They have played a bunch of Nirvana songs during the prorgram. I heard "Something in the Way" and "Come as You Are" and it seems like they played one earlier too. Alot of bands on tv dont bother me, and I like the VW Wilco commercials, but somehow it seems that using Nirvana songs on a cheesy cop drama seems very wrong. Especially since the songwriter can't say yes or no. I think sometimes great music and film can build each other. For instance, the led zeppelin tunes in alomst famous. But when great music is used in horrible ways - The Beatles' "Getting better"-Nike (WTF???), it really sucks, and to be honest, hurts.

Why does this happen? (Courtney needs money?)

Is it even a bad thing?

So, I am visiting my parents, and my mom is watching "Cold Case" on CBS in my parents room. They have played a bunch of Nirvana songs during the prorgram. I heard "Something in the Way" and "Come as You Are" and it seems like they played one earlier too. Alot of bands on tv dont bother me, and I like the VW Wilco commercials, but somehow it seems that using Nirvana songs on a cheesy cop drama seems very wrong. Especially since the songwriter can't say yes or no. I think sometimes great music and film can build each other. For instance, the led zeppelin tunes in alomst famous. But when great music is used in horrible ways - The Beatles' "Getting better"-Nike (WTF???), it really sucks, and to be honest, hurts.

Why does this happen? (Courtney needs money?)

Is it even a bad thing?

We have talked about this before - that show also used the Bruce Springsteen song Blood Brothers. I don't care for it.

Wilco's "Muzzle of Bees" is in the first episode of the second season of Friday Night Lights

I love this show. The music is just the cherry on top. Besides the obvious Explosions in the Sky, there were many other good selections last season. Black Keys, Pearl Jam, and Sigur Ros are just a few off the top of my head. I hope it survives for another full year.

Nirvana was on the season finale of Lost last year as well.