Interview with Wilco

I work for my college newspaper and was wondering what was the best way to approach them for an interview. I'm based in Ireland and Wilco are playing here for 2 nights in a small venue ( can't be more than 1,500 ) twice so I'm assuming that the demand for interviews won't be astronomic because they're not that popular over here (gigs haven't sold out yet). My college is the biggest in Ireland and the paper is the biggest on campus thus it's the biggest university newspaper in Ireland so I was wondering how I could coax Jeff, John an co. into an interview (with a small recess so they can sign a guitar :thumbup )

have you at least tried the links from wilcoworld as far as their official management, etc.?

A couple of years back I went that route, trying to get an interview for my school tv station in college. I used the contacts on their website and got a request in. Got denied, but it's worth a shot. You sound like you've got a better chance, being such a small venue and in a different country and all.

Good luck!!

My experience w/ getting interviews for college newspapers was mixed. I did talk to a few bands who were fairly well known but most were also based in TX (like me). I don't know if you will get a reply but give it a shot & contact mgmt - it won't hurt anything. You never know.