I believe it was also in the same breath as when he spoke about how the song Le Freak came to be written - that is, after being denied entry into Studio 54 - so maybe he was just upset in general that day.

I love Sebastian Bach's story about going to his record label and seeing the cover for Nevermind displayed prominently behind the front desk.

I wonder if that is the same deal where Brett Michaels is talking about Michael Stipe.

they may have left/switched timeslots and come back...but come monday, the morning landscape will be Jonathon Brandmeier, Eddie and JoBo, Steve Harvey, Lin Brehmer, Tom Joyner, Don and Roma and Kathy Hart (now of Eric & Kathy). a lot of those are local and the same people in the morning slot when he left 11 years ago.

just another reason i love this town...most folks here are determined that the city have/keep it's own identity, to the point it's crazy sometimes.

Lin's been the morning guy on XRT for maybe 13 years -- and before him Terri was for nearly 15 I think. I remember her morning show the morning after John Lennon was shot -- and she is such the beatles fan. I forget who it was before her.... Bob Gelms? I forget what time he was on, but he was great.

yeah, it's scary how long the XRT staff has remained virtually unchanged...and, unfortunately, part of their problem.

I am not a fan of the DJ stylings of Jason Thomas, their "new" afternoon guy. I listen to my iPod on the drive home :monkey