Stephen Merritt (Magnetic Fields) on NPR's "Project Song"

In August' date=' I called up Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields, Future Bible Heroes and Gothic Archies. He seemed a natural for this idea I had: to document the songwriting process. We gave him two days in a studio filled with drums, guitars, a Moog synthesizer, a sitar, samplers, a grand piano and more.[/quote']

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2007/11/...in_merritt.html

Anyone hear this yesterday?

As you could have guessed, Stephen Merritt was a lot of fun to listen to as he struggled (as much as he struggles) through the songwriting challenge.

The best part is that it's going to be an ongoing series with a number of different songwriters as they face the same challenge. I am really looking forward to this. It also just happens to air just at the time I am on the road on my way home. So the timing couldn't be better.

it's available as a podcast. caught this just randomly b/c i started listening to the podcast. although i am not a fan, i love to watch artists create and this was very cool! it is funny during the last interview, merritt is packing up and just cant wait to get out of the studio.

c