Meat Puppets on tour

Hey now everybody!

I know its been a long time sinced I rapped at ya but I've been real busy (actually my work blocked access to this site until recently).

A real quick headzup......I caught the Meat Puppets at the Double Door last Thursday nite. I wasnt sure what to expect given that their new album is kinda mediocre and the last time I saw them in 94 at the Vic they werent on top of their game (IIRC, they even had a 2nd guitarist on stage). Anyhow, my fears were laid to rest shortly after they came on stage. Curt and Chris are back and taking no prisoners! The show I saw on the 8th was one of, if not the best, shows I've seen them do. They are finishing up a Fall tour now, if you get a chance, go see 'em!

Btw, my pal taped the show, its on Dime now.

Ok, rap at ya later!

Glad to hear that they rocked some socks off in Chicago.

I didn't think their Ann Arbor show was that great, but it was really late on a Tuesday night, way too loud, and I was already exhausted after seeing Springsteen the night before, so maybe I just wasn't in the mood. It was still a show I'm glad I saw -- those guys were a big part of my college years.

Glad to hear that they rocked some socks off in Chicago.

I didn't think their Ann Arbor show was that great, but it was really late on a Tuesday night, way too loud, and I was already exhausted after seeing Springsteen the night before, so maybe I just wasn't in the mood. It was still a show I'm glad I saw -- those guys were a big part of my college years.

I just CAN NOT resist that blend of punk/country/psychedelic/absurdist music the Pups put together. Outside of Garcia and the boys in their prime, the MPs are the only band that cause a smile to stretch ear to ear across my face.

I caught them last spring a few shows into their live reformation and enjoyed it. They maybe lost a little step here and there but Curt and Cris can still play very well. Well worth catching live still. The album is tepid, at best though.

PaulB: here's a link to a site that Bostrom links to from his site (i may have sent this your way a year or so ago...?) but it's got a few recent shows on their to listen to/download, as well as some spectacular MPs in their prime:

http://www.wohlers.org/puppets/

I caught them last spring a few shows into their live reformation and enjoyed it. They maybe lost a little step here and there but Curt and Cris can still play very well. Well worth catching live still. The album is tepid, at best though.

PaulB: here's a link to a site that Bostrom links to from his site (i may have sent this your way a year or so ago...?) but it's got a few recent shows on their to listen to/download, as well as some spectacular MPs in their prime:

http://www.wohlers.org/puppets/

heh........I believe it was you who burned about 8 shows for me off that site a year or two ago. Thanks again, brutha!!