A Day Without NetFlix

I was doing my best with trying to time things so that I'd have a new movie for every day of my week-long break from work. No new red envelopes in the mail today though, so it'll have to be a repeat from the permanent collection. Here's what I have it narrowed down to, it'll ultimately depend on mood post-Heroes tonight (have not been loving season 2) as to whether I want comedy or sci-fi:

Hot Fuzz

The Life Aquatic

Primer

Dark City

Donnie Darko

Serenity (have been re-watching the box-set of Firefly, kinda want to wait til I'm done to re-watch Serenity again)

A day without NetFlix, sigh. Speaking of which, are there any threads of good NetFlix suggestions? If not, maybe someone should start one.

Serentiy is one of my new favorite movies, I love the dialog in it. So that would be my choice. If I was in the mood to get really confused and be ticked for next couple of days because I couldn't figure out what is going on, than Donnie Darko would be my choice. Darko is the only movie I have ever seen where I get more confused the more times I watch it.

Serentiy is one of my new favorite movies, I love the dialog in it. So that would be my choice. If I was in the mood to get really confused and be ticked for next couple of days because I couldn't figure out what is going on, than Donnie Darko would be my choice. Darko is the only movie I have ever seen where I get more confused the more times I watch it.

Have you seen Primer? That's way more confusing than Donnie Darko -- I have to get out maps of the time-lines to try and finally figure it out! Love Serenity, I'm a huge Whedon fan, so was a fan of the ill-fated show from the start. If you haven't seen the show, I highly recommend it, especially with the episodes in the right order (Fox didn't air the pilot, and showed the eps out of sequence, dooming it to a fate it didn't deserve).

Have you seen Primer?

I loved that movie. I guess it deals with typical time-machine topics (paradoxes, identity, obligations, profiteering) but infuses them all with a surprising credibility and jerry-rigged poetry. (That storage locker, which becomes some kind of witty birthing chamber, is one of the great places in recent movies.) The spare, drab locations certainly work to the film

Primer is one of my favorites, it's like a puzzle in movie form. I've looked at some of the various time lines you can find online, some are better than others -- or rather I agree more with some than with others ;)

Have you seen Primer? That's way more confusing than Donnie Darko -- I have to get out maps of the time-lines to try and finally figure it out! Love Serenity, I'm a huge Whedon fan, so was a fan of the ill-fated show from the start. If you haven't seen the show, I highly recommend it, especially with the episodes in the right order (Fox didn't air the pilot, and showed the eps out of sequence, dooming it to a fate it didn't deserve).

I watched the first 20 minutes of Primer. It was on IFC I think, I was just flipping through the stations but I ended up having to leave. I planned on watching it at some point but like everything else I just haven't had the time. Firefly is another one of those things that I have been meaning to watch.

All fine choices, but like others I would probably lean towards Primer.