Bad News Out of Memphis

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/03/memphis.killings/index.html

(CNN) -- Six people were killed, including two children, and another three children wounded in a shooting Monday in Memphis, Tennessee, authorities said.

art.police.wmc.jpg

Police and fire units responded Monday after six people were killed in Memphis, Tennessee.

Memphis Fire Department spokeswoman Melanie Young said firefighters responded to a 911 call at a home at 6:11 p.m. Monday when the bodies and wounded children were found.

The wounded children -- a 7-year-old boy, a 10-month-old girl and a 4-year-old whose gender wasn't immediately known -- were transported to Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center.

Don't Miss

They were in the emergency room being treated for gunshot wounds, said hospital spokeswoman Jennilyn Utkov.

advertisement

The Commercial Appeal newspaper is reporting that police do not have a motive.

"We just don't know the motive or cause of death, but we do have four adults and two children (dead)," Memphis police Lt. Jerry Guin said. "I've been on a scene where there were one or two or three (victims), but I don't remember anything this large."

Oh God. That's horrible.

It just about does me in to know about kids going through shit like this.