Tapes 'n Tapes - Walk It Off

The new Tapes 'n Tapes is streaming for a very limited time on the band's official website:

http://www.tapesntapes.com/preview/index.php

After one listen I think I'm really into this. It's nice to hear Dave Fridmann's production complement a record so well again (it had been a while, IMO). I wasn't even all that fond of the first TnT record, but this could be a great one here.

^^ that's my exact thought, is that there's nothing quite as instantly catchy as the Loon, but i'm already picking out some great melodies i missed on the first 2-3 listens

i think it shows a ton of growth from the first one. they were just a struggling local Mpls band starting out when they made that album, this shows a lot more confidence.

seems pretty good so far. I am impressed because I really didn't like the first single that I had heard from this, but the rest of the record sounds pretty good.

no where near as catchy as the Loon but still a solid album and it should rock pretty hard live.

seems pretty good so far. I am impressed because I really didn't like the first single that I had heard from this, but the rest of the record sounds pretty good.

no where near as catchy as the Loon but still a solid album and it should rock pretty hard live.

I didn't like "Hang Them All" either on the first couple of listens, but now I am really digging it. It is catchy and upon additional listens is the song that sounds the most like their last album. Maybe that is why they chose that one first - to ease the fans into the new album. The chorus is the only part I am not sold on, but the rest of the song is solid.

• 3 weeks later...