It's "Barbie's" birthday

Thats right. Today is the birthday of Barbie. The Matel toy introduced in 1959.

And she and I are the exact same age. Usually on the big ones, 30, 40 and the like Barbie will be on the front page of the newspaper or something.

Seeing as this is my first real year hanging out on VC. I figured I throw out an insanely stupid fact to cut myself down to size. Many here consider me to be an obnoxious loser, which is a pretty fair assement.

So here's to starting mid life crushed to nothingness and attempting to live right on the flip side . . .

oh yeah, I've been playing some gig's in Pedro with a band called "Mid Life Crisis", should I just not even bother to post an occasional show? Usually people get annoyed at spammers here . . .

I still love it here so keep those insults comming . . . I still aspire to be a human being someday and maybe just maybe something might register . . .

Hey Happy Birthday man! :cheers Haven't we discussed prog on the board before? I'm getting a little forgetful in my old age (45). :stunned

I will listen to "The Gates of Delirium" in your honor tonight. :thumbup

Hey Happy Birthday man! :cheers Haven't we discussed prog on the board before? I'm getting a little forgetful in my old age (45). :stunned

I will listen to "The Gates of Delirium" in your honor tonight. :thumbup

Ah yes "The Gates of Delirium" from the "Yes" album "Relayer"

Dang, today is Jean Ristori's birthday as well. Jean Ristori, engineer, musician, the best friend of Patrick Moraz. That was quite a co-inky-dink when Moraz told me that . . .

March 9th was also the first time I took a lesson from him (Moraz) in 1993. Turnaround opened for Brand X later that month.

but I digress . . .

"Yes" L.B.C 1975 - a very good nite

You took lessons from Moraz? :blink That's cool as hell. He was ex-Yes by the time I first saw Yes ('78) but I did get to see him and Bruford in a club here around '84-'85. "Music for Piano and Drums" / "Flags" period.

You took lessons from Moraz? :blink That's cool as hell. He was ex-Yes by the time I first saw Yes ('78) but I did get to see him and Bruford in a club here around '84-'85. "Music for Piano and Drums" / "Flags" period.

i use to be able to play, (but now I friggin suck), back then he gave me three lessons and said that's all you need . . . we became good friends . . . I ended up with his grand piano for 3 years till Young Chang came and got it in 96 . . . we're on one recording together, a John Cage tribute C.D. "A Chance Operation" ours is the 2nd track (after the Kronos Quartet) . . . Zappa did "4 33", Oregon, Yoko Ono, Laurie Anderson. Meridith Monk lots of others also on that Cage tribute C.D.

see. I'm such a Dick, my parents almost named Richard cept the Nixon was v.p. in 59'

there is hope, Nels joined Wilco at 49 (i think) but he was never a name dropping loser (like me), oh yeah, and he can play . . . ;-)

. . . ah grasshopper, when you can pull your head out of your ass, it will be time for you to record . . .