Jim DeRogatis blog post

Rage and Wilco to play at Lolla, too?

The other reason I arrived early to this year's South by Southwest festival was the opportunity to interview the “three Charlies” who run Austin-based C3 Presents — Charlie Jones, Charles Attal and Charlie Walker — the men behind Lollapalooza, and the trio who just secured an exclusive deal to book the Congress Theatre, in addition to bringing more music and other entertainment events to Soldier Field. Their home office overlooks Town Lake here, and the conference room where we met includes a beer keg and a giant fish tank stocked with piranhas — which may or may not be a metaphor for the company’s voracious appetite.

Obviously, I’ll be writing much more about that interview in the days to come. But I will note here that the Charlies continued their adamant refusal to confirm or deny published reports that Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails will perform at Lollapalooza on Aug. 1-3 in Grant Park.

They won’t announce the lineup until next month, they insist, but now new rumors are swirling that Rage Against the Machine and Wilco also will perform.

If true, those four bands alone mean that the reinvented destination festival will be the best major festival bill of the summer.

I'll still only go see Wilco the day they are playing because tickets are way too expensive!

that is if they are playing.

I really do despise these festivals and, sadly, each summer Wilco turns into a festival band. I guess I shouldn't complain because, for the rest of the year, they're the best mid-sized venue band anyone could ask for.

I've never gotten hyped up about hundred dollar tickets to see a concert with 50K of your closest friends. It just doesn't do it for me. That and the retarded time slots. :stunned