he wanted to [C]remember,

but he [G]almost always [Em]forgot,

what he was gonna [C]say.

[D]Black [C]Eye /[G]* * [Em]* */

Black [C]Eye

[A]When he'd [C]realized,

that [F]this one was here to [C]stay,

he [D]took down all the [A]mirrors in the [C]hallway,

and [G]thought only [Em]of his younger [C]face.

[A]Black [C]Eye /[G]* * [Em]* */

Black [C]Eye

• 2 weeks later...

is there anyone who knows how Jeff really plays this song? For example on the Sunken Treasure dvd - I think hes got a capo on 3. It just sounds so amazing and I can't find the tab anywhere - and im not a fan of the gumbopages version.

There's also a video on youtube of Jeff playing this song solo from 1995, if that helps anyone.

OK I've got my guitar now and I think I've figured out enough for you to get by with....now I just have to transcribe it.

Capo 3

Here is a very rough pattern. There is no timing involved really in this it just sort of shows where to hammer on and emphasis with your thumb.

(These are the chords...not 100% sure if they are named correctly)

Asus4, C, Fsus4, C, G, Am, F, G, C

-----------------0-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-0---1-----1----1----1----1-------------------1------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-5---0-----0----2----0----0----0--------------2--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-2---2h3--2----3----2h3-2---0-h2-2-0---2---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-0---3-----3----------3----3---2--------------0----0--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------3----------------0---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you just keep pick/strumming with your thumb and pointer finger and use your thumb to emphasize the hammer ons and bass notes. Play along with the song and you'll hopefully get it right. Maybe someone will be inspired to make a clean one that is easier to understand. Hit me up if you have any questions. Hope this helps!

PS: this is based off of the Sunken Treasure version