Drive Like Jehu/RFTC/Hot Snakes

Over the years, John "Speedo" Reis has pulled the plug on just about every musical institution he'd ever been involved with: Drive Like Jehu, the Hot Snakes, the Sultans, and the mother of them all, much-missed San Diego garage revivalists Rocket From the Crypt.

Moved by the spirit of togetherness, perhaps, Reis' disbanding streak has reverted into something he was always better at: forming bands, putting out records, and rocking the crap out of a live show.

Reis' new thing, the Night Marchers, intend to do just that and then some. Comprised of Reis, his old Hot Snakes-handlers Gar Wood and Jason Kourkounis, and Tommy Kitsos of CPC Gangbangs, the Night Marchers will issue their full-length debut, See You in Magic, April 22 from Swami/Vagrant Records. (Not, as previously reported, March 25).

I've downloaded 99.9% of a Night Marchers show and have been stuck on that number since last week. I really wish someone would seed this again for a minute or two (dimeadozen).

Oh, and I'm expecting this album to be pretty Sultans-ish. Which is good, but not Hot Snakes good.

P.S. Rick Froberg also has a new band. They played some pizza/ping pong joint in DC last Friday, but I didn't go because it was way past my bedtime.

I've downloaded 99.9% of a Night Marchers show and have been stuck on that number since last week. I really wish someone would seed this again for a minute or two (dimeadozen).

Oh, and I'm expecting this album to be pretty Sultans-ish. Which is good, but not Hot Snakes good.

P.S. Rick Froberg also has a new band. They played some pizza/ping pong joint in DC last Friday, but I didn't go because it was way past my bedtime.

im glad theres a fellow hot snakes guy here, i think hot snakes is the best reis/froberg project :)

and whats frobergs new band?