laminated cat / not for the season

hey.... i've never really posted on here i just kinda looked and tried to learn cause i'm pretty intermediate with guitar and don't want to sound like a dick....... i 've learned alotta wilco/jeff songs from this site and was recently was trying to learn not for the season/laminated cat. I put my martin in the dadf#ae and tried to learn from sunken treasure but noticed that jeff played it with a capo on the 2nd in i am trying to break your heart...... just wondering if anyone knows how to play it with a capo on the 2nd cause it sounds sick.... once again little drunk and don't know if its on here but someone could even bitch at me, call me a pussy, and tell me to fuck off while telling me where it is itd be pretty rad...... really wanna learn this perfect song so if anyone could help me out itd be great

Guest Muncle Douchey
hey.... i've never really posted on here i just kinda looked and tried to learn cause i'm pretty intermediate with guitar and don't want to sound like a dick....... i 've learned alotta wilco/jeff songs from this site and was recently was trying to learn not for the season/laminated cat. I put my martin in the dadf#ae and tried to learn from sunken treasure but noticed that jeff played it with a capo on the 2nd in i am trying to break your heart...... just wondering if anyone knows how to play it with a capo on the 2nd cause it sounds sick.... once again little drunk and don't know if its on here but someone could even bitch at me, call me a pussy, and tell me to fuck off while telling me where it is itd be pretty rad...... really wanna learn this perfect song so if anyone could help me out itd be great

wow you must have been pretty fucking drunk - i found both of these in about a minute. so here you go. and thanks to anthonyc007 for posting both.

Not For The Season, I Am Trying To Break Your Heart version - Thread

Not For the Season / Laminated Cat, Based upon ST: Live in PNW - Thread

now fuck off... :P

Guest Muncle Douchey
Should be a slide, not a hammer-on.

i usually do a slide for the ST version, and a hammer-on for the IATTBYH version (that way you can stay in the D shape, just hammer-on 2h4 with your pinkie)

Its a slide in Open D. Its a hammer-on in Drop D.

Definitely agree.

I know it's not how JT plays it, but for this song I really like that drop-D version of G that goes:

Also I like that you can lift up the ring-finger on the B-string (like 2 ... 0-2) when you play the A chord, for a little 2-note run on the chorus lines like (...from Halloween...)