I Want To Dance With You (Original Mix)

I Want To Dance With You (New Remix)

I originally recorded this with a very crude mixing program, so I chose to remix from scratch with Acoustica Mixcraft. I limited myself to sixteen tracks: a sampled drum track (sound familiar? :lol), a bass track, two acoustic guitar tracks, four electric rhythm guitar tracks, two lead guitar tracks, two lead vocal tracks, and four backing vocal tracks. Each track had individual compression, and the entire track was treated with brick wall limiter and small room reverb. The only thing is this: I am not thoroughly satisfied with either mix. Or even with the song. So I need some help.

after listening, i have a few questions where the answers might help you out...

first is, if you dont really like the song, why so much work...im joking, but really, id say strip it down and find the essential elements first...stick with what makes the song work, then discriminate between what adds and what just fills

next, are you assigning frequencies per track...i think you havent enough separation between highs and mids per track and some more selective panning could help...i would also be careful with too much use of compression

are you mixing straight from computer thru headphones? (it sort of sound like you might have)...mixing in headphones usually ends up a bit off and sounds very different in a room...using monitors makes a big impact

also...have you tried to mix the sound files using a different program? While acoustica is cheap and easy, the sound processing engine leaves much to be desired...

its good work, i can tell you put time into it, i hope this helps

j

I think the remix sounds pretty solid. Agree with rowboat that it sounded mono on my laptop speakers, try placing the parts left or right a little and you get less of that effect where things kinda smash together at a few frequencies (like your snare and acoustic guitar have a high-end freq in common for instance).

I'm a literal moron at mixing though so maybe take a grain of salt with my input. I did like the song itself pretty well though, definitely a Beatles vibe there.

• 2 weeks later...