Deerhoof at The Linda, Albany, 4/18/08

wow, this was an incredible show. highlights include weird extended noise/syncopated jams that flowed from song to song but were actually songs themselves, 2 new songs (Numoni and 'Basketball Get Your Groove Back') Also, Greg Saunier talking on the mic for a second about how he wants the guitars to be louder so our ears would bleed, then the second he sat down, with no count in, they broke into the next song (Dummy Discards Heart). Other highlights: Greg Saunier playing drums with a tambourine and drumstick, Spirit Ditties of No Tone, and the breaking of "approximately one guitar amp, one speaker cabinet, one guitar, 4 pedals, and 7 cables" throughout the night. I don't understand how this band manages to play and be so tight yet so fluid, it was incredible. I don't know if anyone went, but it was amazing. I lost complete track of the set list after the third song, but there were some oldies and some newbies in there. It started with Perfect Me, is all I know.