outdoor summer gigs question / advice

hi everybody

i'm going to be playing a lot of outdoor gigs soon, and every year i forget how frustrating it is to play the keyboards and not be able to see the lcd display because of the sun. i'm sure there is a very basic, simple way to fix this problem, but i haven't figured it out yet. any help / advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks, and have a great week!

hi everybody

i'm going to be playing a lot of outdoor gigs soon, and every year i forget how frustrating it is to play the keyboards and not be able to see the lcd display because of the sun. i'm sure there is a very basic, simple way to fix this problem, but i haven't figured it out yet. any help / advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks, and have a great week!

I've never played an outdoor gig and my usual live problem is that the light on stage is right behind me and my fretboard is covered in pitch-black shadow, so I don't know if this'll work: you might try building a cardboard shield to go over the display and cover it in shadow. I'm thinking something coming off the keyboard at a 30-45 degree angle with little side thingees. Um, that's not very descriptive, sorry.

You will definitely find more helpful answer than mine from the folks at the Keyboard Corner, Keyboard Magazine's forum.

Good luck!