An interview with Mark Kozelek

The site I'm involved with, The Line of Best Fit, was lucky enough to get an interview with Mark Kozelek recently which went online today.

Here's a couple of answers. Full transcript here: http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/2008/04/29...h-mark-kozelek/

What was your life growing up in Massillon, Ohio? What music did you listen to as you were growing up?

It was the suburbs, Midwest - born in 1967. It

Is he as big an "Indie Diva" as people make him out to be?

don't know about that. i love that he is totally opinionated and clear about what he does. also love his opinions about music. he is right on when he says that there are just too many bands. less is more as far as i am concerned. in the 70s you were into zep and choose your other 3 favorite bands.

Is he as big an "Indie Diva" as people make him out to be?

He was pretty good - he got a bit offish one of the questions about covers, but other than that I thought his answers were great.

Well thought out and interesting.

He was pretty good - he got a bit offish one of the questions about covers, but other than that I thought his answers were great.

Well thought out and interesting.

I never questioned his intelligence or depth. I've just heard he takes himself very, very seriously and has a tendency to come off as an aloof elitist.

don't know about that. i love that he is totally opinionated and clear about what he does. also love his opinions about music. he is right on when he says that there are just too many bands. less is more as far as i am concerned. in the 70s you were into zep and choose your other 3 favorite bands.
He didn't say "too many," he said "lots and lots."

I couldn't tell if he thought this was a good thing, or a bad thing.