anyone notice today's google logo? Jeff Koons piece. apparently they're teaming up with artists or to be more exact:

"Now you can put the work of world-class artists and innovators on your personalized Google homepage. Then add your choice of news, email, games, and more for a page that's as useful as it is beautiful."

I checked out the world-class artists and innovators and ummmm, i really must be living under a rock. I'm an artist, have a career as a designer for art museums, and well heavily involved in the arts. I really have no clue who half those people are. Chihuly, Koons, and Coldplay (how coldplay=anything visual has me puzzled as well). ok, enough snarking on google and they're curatorial tastes (or my ignorance). It's a rather nice idea and a good nod to artists. I think wilco needs to be an option now.

I checked out the world-class artists and innovators and ummmm, i really must be living under a rock. I'm an artist, have a career as a designer for art museums, and well heavily involved in the arts. I really have no clue who half those people are. Chihuly, Koons, and Coldplay (how coldplay=anything visual has me puzzled as well).

I had heard of both Koons and Chihuly, but the vast majority of those "theme" artists are not people I'm familiar with (or not people I'd really consider to be artists)...ie. Coldplay, Lance Armstrong, Jackie Chan.

I'm not really sure what the deal is with that...and while I'm sure google is trying to cash in on the whole personalization trend I don't know how appealing this is to people...and the choices seem rather limited.

Whatever.