LeRoy Bach's current thang

Baby Alright aka The Boogie Band is back on Mondays in Chicago. $3 cover. LeRoy and Emmett Kelly (not the painter of clowns, Will Oldham's current lead) trade insane guitar licks, and John Herndon and Dan Bitney from Tortoise will make up the rhythm section tonite. Marvin Tate delivers the vocals in his inimitable style and infectious dancing. I know it's a Monday, but it's a whole lot of fun. Well, last week's was at least.

Sonotheque is at 1444 W Chicago.

Baby Alright aka The Boogie Band is back on Mondays in Chicago. $3 cover. LeRoy and Emmett Kelly (not the painter of clowns, Will Oldham's current lead) trade insane guitar licks, and John Herndon and Dan Bitney from Tortoise will make up the rhythm section tonite. Marvin Tate delivers the vocals in his inimitable style and infectious dancing. I know it's a Monday, but it's a whole lot of fun. Well, last week's was at least.

Sonotheque is at 1444 W Chicago.

Well...I for one miss LeRoy's presence in the band.

It is obvious in retrospect he was on his way out after the YHF tour. AGiB is notable for his lessened contributions.

I wonder what the configuration of the band would be if he decided to stay. Would Nels have been recruited? Pat? Would Jim O'Rourke become a full touring/recording member?

These are heady days for Wilco. The future seems bright and the band is wonderfully fluent. But I still wonder what may have been.