Coldplay -- Viva La Vida

I like it, but after I started the other thread about this album, I learned there are about 5 or so people on this board who would enjoy seeing Chris Martin dead.

42 is a really cool song, and I love the string treatments on Yes. Solid album all around. The only weak song I think is Cemeteries of London, which is a shame, because it makes the album start up kinda slow. I think Violet Hill would have worked well as the 2nd track.

Overall, after not liking the boring X & Y, I am really enjoying this and I'm glad they finally strayed away from their normal formula for writing songs. I'm impressed.

i generally do not like Coldplay and thought X&Y was terrible, but this new one isn't bad at all. thanks in large part to Brian Eno. i like how they veered away from standard song structures, and the lyrics are a bit better this time. I hope Eno can do a good rehab job on U2's sound for the new album.