HELLO.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good sites to buy vinyl from. My favorite record shop closed recently (as they all seem to be doing) and I haven't bought too many from the web that is world wide. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks,

VD - a member, not a disease

This is probably true, but vinyl on this site is expensive. What you need to do is move. What kind of vinyl are you looking for? New, old?

LouieB

Good point. I just know that is what people recommend. I have not bought any records for a long time - there are no more indoor flea markets, or record stores where I live. If I can't go into a store and dig around, I don't really want to mess with it.

Good point. I just know that is what people recommend. I have not bought any records for a long time - there are no more indoor flea markets, or record stores where I live. If I can't go into a store and dig around, I don't really want to mess with it.
My only experience with Gemm is that when I wanted something they had it, but at twice the price I found the same thing for later at a record fair. Needless to say the looking for stuff at used record stores and flea markets is what it is all about (don't forget your local resale shop.)

But Gemm is very good if you are willing to pay the price. New vinyl can be ordered from any number of other places however.

LouieB

www.insound.com is a good place

www.amazon.com is a good place too -- just include "LP" when you search for an album title

www.ebay.com is also good, but rare things can get expensive, fast.

Those are pretty much my 3 main resources.

This is probably true, but vinyl on this site is expensive. What you need to do is move. What kind of vinyl are you looking for? New, old?

LouieB

I'm all over the map with my vinyl tastes - everything from Hot Tuna to Sonic Youth. While moving does seem like a logical thing for my record collection, I don't think the wife will accept it as a reason. I'll try some of these sites for now - thanks everyone.

Also good, if youdon't miond paying a premium for hard-to-find Brit stuff is:

https://www.vvmo.com/

My friends and I refer to him as "The Bad Boy" because he charges so much. But he has what we want and can't find anywhere else.

Damn that bad boy.

But if you ever come to Chicago, let me know and I can get you to the store, no problem. It's right next to an El stop in Evanston. (Yeah, that's the Vintage Vinyl site.)

I'm all over the map with my vinyl tastes - everything from Hot Tuna to Sonic Youth. While moving does seem like a logical thing for my record collection, I don't think the wife will accept it as a reason. I'll try some of these sites for now - thanks everyone.
Most Hot Tuna albums on vinyl can be bought for a song. Don't over pay for stuff like that.

LouieB

VD, are you in Durham, NC per chance?

If on the off chance you are, check out Chaz' Records (Not 100% on the name) that is right next to the Cosmic Cantina off of 9th Street. He has some pretty cool vinyl there, new and old.

kevin

Yeah, I am in NC. Thanks for the recommendation - I'll have to check that out.

Yeah, I am in NC. Thanks for the recommendation - I'll have to check that out.

Sure thing. He's upstairs (like the Cantina entrance) literally one door down from CC.

He'll likely have a wooden sandwich board sign on the sidewalk front advertising. That's how I found him.

K

• 1 month later...

I just ordered Miles Davis' "Kind Of Blue" on vinyl! I am looking forward to it's arrival.

Now I need to start my Billie Holiday collection. Amazon has a 3 LP set, but its $50. I think I might go for it.

VD, are you in Durham, NC per chance?

If on the off chance you are, check out Chaz' Records (Not 100% on the name) that is right next to the Cosmic Cantina off of 9th Street. He has some pretty cool vinyl there, new and old.

kevin

Definitely take this advice, I love that place.