I was checking on the Hideout's website after bbop got on and publicized the Rabbitt Factory summer review. I had not checked out their calendar in awhile and it looks like Tim Rutili's previous group before Califone is playing next Thursday July 10. Anyone got any insight into what happened that this group is back together?

LouieB

I was checking on the Hideout's website after bbop got on and publicized the Rabbitt Factory summer review. I had not checked out their calendar in awhile and it looks like Tim Rutili's previous group before Califone is playing next Thursday July 10. Anyone got any insight into what happened that this group is back together?

LouieB

I know they're playing the Sub Pop Anniversary Fest along with a reunited Beachwood Sparks.

Paging owl to thread.... I knew they were getting back together for the Sub Pop anniversary show, glad to see it might be more than a one off thing. And I am excited to see Beachwood Sparks back together as well, let's hope that sticks.

--Mike

The lineup will be just like old times, as Tim put it: Tim Hurley, Brian Deck, Ben Massarella, and Tim Rutili. Ben and Tim Rutili are the only Califone members. Originally the reunion was for the SubPop fest, and then they slated a "practice show" at the Hideout. Califone has played a few RRM covers occasionally at their shows and I think that there was a brief reunion a couple of years ago. This is a pretty big deal (IMO), though. Wish I could make either of these shows but it doesn't look good. All in all, though, I don't expect the reunion to be more than these two shows.

Yeah, I meant to tell you about this one Louie, but I forgot to tell you. I won't be going because once again I am limited by this stupid age 21 + limit. Oh well, only a year and a half to go.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks very much! As soon as I learn how to use flace I will download the show.

How was the show?

I wasan't there...I was at the Hideout the next two nights however.....but Tim said it was crazy packed out and that the show was great.

LouieB