Saturday Night Live

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SNL was good Saturday night. Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser) hosted. They did a funny short where Harris (on keyboards) and others played the Doogie Howser theme song....as if it was a serious orchestral presentation.

Kristin Wiig was awesome, yet again. She played Kathy Lee Gifford on the morning show, which was really funny. To me, she's become the reason to watch SNL.

She was really good in a couple other skits also.

I also liked the skit about Broadway shutting down theatres, the Frost/Nixon ad parody, and Will Forte's mocking song about why he likes the BCS College Championship set up.

Some of these are on the NBC website.

The lamest thing of the night was the music (Taylor Swift).

I even liked the skit of the 2 1st names talk show. Neal Patrick Harris was one of the best hosts in a long time.

• 1 month later...

Holy crap has the show taken another nosedive. Anyone see either of the last couple shows (with Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin as hosts)?

The Steve Martin episode was very week....mostly because Martin just doesn't have the physical comic skills anymore.

The Baldwin show wasn't much better. A skit about the 5th Jonas Bros. was pretty funny. And the Baldwin-starring Wii/jerking-off skit was quite funny (wierd though, considering his daughters were at the show....surely they did not see that skit). An opening skit about the Republicans being happy that the new bill will be passed without their help was VERY lame.

Maybe Poehler's absence has hurt the writing. I don't know. The end of the season can't come soon enough.

Holy crap has the show taken another nosedive. Anyone see either of the last couple shows (with Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin as hosts)?

The Steve Martin episode was very week....mostly because Martin just doesn't have the physical comic skills anymore.

The Baldwin show wasn't much better. A skit about the 5th Jonas Bros. was pretty funny. And the Baldwin-starring Wii/jerking-off skit was quite funny (wierd though, considering his daughters were at the show....surely they did not see that skit). An opening skit about the Republicans being happy that the new bill will be passed without their help was VERY lame.

Maybe Poehler's absence has hurt the writing. I don't know. The end of the season can't come soon enough.

I thought it about half worked as a commentary on the completely out of touch and out to lunch republican leadership. The party is a joke, and rather than listen to respectable conservatives such as Andrew Sullivan, they