Heysatan

Vidrar vel til Loftalasa

Saeglopur

Festival

Gobbledigook

---------------

All Alright

Popplagid

This was my first time seeing the band, and I was blown away! I was with my brother and one of my sisters and we had GREAT seats: 4th row, dead center. The Chan Center was really beautiful. Apparently the architecture was inspired by the design of a cello. It had a very warm feeling, created by all of the wood, I think. It looked like there really wasn't a bad seat in the place (which was sold out) and the energy in the room was amazing!

The openers, Parachutes, were pleasant. That's about it though. I enjoyed watching them play moreso because they seemed like they were having a really fun time (or really relieved that this was the last show of the tour, i don't know) and that just boosted the energy of the place even more. I guess all of their songs seemed to be very similar, same kind of structure, same quite to loud build up... so yeah, pleasant, but i wouldn't buy there cd.

Then came Sigur Ros. :worship My brother told me after the show that he could have lived without hearing Svefn-G-Englar because they always play it i guess, but i was glad to experience it live. The sound of the entire show was superb! The lighting and stage projections only added to the amazing performances that were taking place on stage. There were two songs that I was especially glad to hear, but I will have to continue this later tonight. I guess I got to go for supper.

The two songs that affected me the most were Fljotavik and Vidrar vel til Loftalasa and they both caused me to tear up because they are just so damn beautiful. The audience was awesome, being incredibly quiet until the very last note of each song had died out and then a huge applause erupted. It really was one of the best concerts i have ever been to (not that i've been to A LOT ;) of shows). Then a funny thing happened when the gang from Parachutes came out to do some drumming on Gobbledigook, they were all dressed in Star Wars costumes which gave Jonsi a really big laugh. It was pretty awesome! The confetti was pretty magical. It seems silly that little pieces of paper can make people giddy the way confetti does, but it just added to an amazing moment during Festival and then into Goobledigook. I would hate to be the ones who had to clean it up though!

The encore was wicked! I think the band really wanted to end the tour on a bang! Popplagid was a truly mindbending way to end the show. VERY INTENSE. The audience wanted them to come out and play just one more song, but they didn't have time. The band just came out on stage once more and said how great the night was, as well as the entire tour, and took a bow with the members of Parachutes to end the evening.

Really amazing experience. Period.

here are a couple of videos:

Stormtroopers

Glosoli

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUtXbihviFQ

Meo Bladnasir

Heysatan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iPMoR6KdDA

• 3 weeks later...
The two songs that affected me the most were Fljotavik and Vidrar vel til Loftalasa and they both caused me to tear up because they are just so damn beautiful.

Tried to like this band before, but I'll give these 2 a try - based on your praise.

Nice review, BTW :thumbup