The decline of the global market

I have always bitched and moaned about GATT & NAFTA. The inability to have neutral transactions on a massive scale has really hurt the US, while other countries with cheaper means of production have grown their exports significantly. Exports from the US appeared to become more specialized as we became a cog in a larger system. Without regulation of environmental waste, countries willing to push the environment have come out ahead in the short term. Many politicians have been quietly seeking reform of the global market. Quiet as in lip service. Perhaps only Ron Paul would be serious about it, but he doesn't have a prayer of being a decision maker, though his input is necessary.

Maybe the 'natural course of the market' will force us back within our borders in terms of trade.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...1002441_pf.html

you mean hopefully it will, but Im not one of those coincidence theorsits the decline of these marketits making powerful people more powerful and rich people wealthier.

We should know all of their names because Georgie W. is a weak scape goat

Guest Da Dogg

I understand what you are saying, but the US uses unfair trade practices with agricultural goods.

I am a big fan of R. Paul, but we must continue to push for free trade - including ourselves. However with the practice of free trade some of our beliefs and laws may have to be pushed under the rug.

Small example, America does not like the practice of using certain kind of nets for tuna (they kill a lot of dolphin). However other countries that have less technology and less ways of collecting tuna do use those nets. We wanted international laws to forbid the use of those nets, however it is unfair to developing nations and unfair competition for the developed nations. So to make things fair - those nets are allowed and it is illegal to notify consumers which cans of tuna used those nets. Does that make sense?

I understand what you are saying, but the US uses unfair trade practices with agricultural goods.

I am a big fan of R. Paul, but we must continue to push for free trade - including ourselves. However with the practice of free trade some of our beliefs and laws may have to be pushed under the rug.

Small example, America does not like the practice of using certain kind of nets for tuna (they kill a lot of dolphin). However other countries that have less technology and less ways of collecting tuna do use those nets. We wanted international laws to forbid the use of those nets, however it is unfair to developing nations and unfair competition for the developed nations. So to make things fair - those nets are allowed and it is illegal to notify consumers which cans of tuna used those nets. Does that make sense?

NO

Our agricultural policies are awful, I agree. One thing I do comend McCain on is his refusal to vote for the ag bill. We control prices and product worldwide and it prevents agrarian communities from making a decent living. Nearby, in KC, the man is sitting on tons upon tons of dehydrated milk. They will not even release it for humanitarian efforts because it will upset the dairy market. Our Monsantos, Cargills, ADM are trying to control all seeds and not just in the US.

Guest Da Dogg
Our agricultural policies are awful, I agree. One thing I do comend McCain on is his refusal to vote for the ag bill. We control prices and product worldwide and it prevents agrarian communities from making a decent living. Nearby, in KC, the man is sitting on tons upon tons of dehydrated milk. They will not even release it for humanitarian efforts because it will upset the dairy market. Our Monsantos, Cargills, ADM are trying to control all seeds and not just in the US.

Can u imagine the political suicide of a politician that would want to promote fair trade in the agicultural markets?

He would be called as the one who killed American Farmers.

Can u imagine the political suicide of a politician that would want to promote fair trade in the agicultural markets?

He would be called as the one who killed American Farmers.

That would be the second time, the banks did it in the 80's. Our current agricultural methods are destroying our environment, our health, and other people's way of life.

It would be nice to see a few more ballsy or cuntsy (what do you call a stand up female?) politicians. Kucinich, Paul, et al. It is easy to be out there for them, but at the same time they don't seem to be taken seriously by the people or other politicians.

Guest Da Dogg
That would be the second time, the banks did it in the 80's. Our current agricultural methods are destroying our environment, our health, and other people's way of life.

It would be nice to see a few more ballsy or cuntsy (what do you call a stand up female?) politicians. Kucinich, Paul, et al. It is easy to be out there for them, but at the same time they don't seem to be taken seriously by the people or other politicians.

The other politicians take them seriously behind close doors, but they would rather do nothing and continue to collect embezzle money from American citizens.

Look at our current economic situation. Several politicians have been saying this would happen for several years.