What non Wilco song can't you get enough of these days

here's the thing though. i know he deals with abstract wordplay and all, but in talking about the feathers and all that, i believe the word he should be using is "plume." i feel like he didn't have a dictionary or internet connection in the cabin, made the mistake and then couldn't re-record it. i'm not even kidding. it really bothers me. lovely song though. lovely album as well.

-justin

I don't think he used the wrong word. The word flume brings to mind 'plume', and I think that was intentional. Feathers stuck on a feather?
I think this is the right word; I assume he means a small gorge, such as is in New Hampshire at Franconia Notch. There could be such places in Northern Wisconsin where he did the album, I don't know.

But it has taken Coldplay's Viva La Vida to get the Flume song out of my mind. Also on the tip of my brain....the Decemberists Valerie Plame. (Is this not just about the dumbest song this year??? But catchy as can be...)

LouieB

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Decemberists Valerie Plame. (Is this not just about the dumbest song this year??? But catchy as can be...)

It's the only Decemberists song I've ever been able to sit through more than once. I think that's because it's pretty much a Weird Al or vintage TMBG tune.

It's the only Decemberists song I've ever been able to sit through more than once. I think that's because it's pretty much a Weird Al or vintage TMBG tune.
Feel free to chime in on the thread I just started about this song. I think it deserves a convo of its own...

LouieB