Wilco to play UK

Not been on this site for ages and ages but check Wilcoworld regularly in the vain hope that they might drag their sorry asses back across to the UK (and hopefully Scotland!) to play a few gigs. Having pulled out of the UK leg of the SBS supporting tour last October (yes, a year ago!) I have watched the list of shows across the USofA grow through the year with the hope that eventually I'd see some movement eastwards over the water. But, apart from a flurry of excitement when the JT solo gig in Palma Majorca nearly coincided with my holiday over there, no sign of a trip to Blighty has emerged.

Now I see on another thread that the next record is beginning its genesis and whilst this suggests that there may be a tour to support it, this will be some way off.

Oh well - just need to come across there myself will I......?

Not been on this site for ages and ages but check Wilcoworld regularly in the vain hope that they might drag their sorry asses back across to the UK (and hopefully Scotland!) to play a few gigs. Having pulled out of the UK leg of the SBS supporting tour last October (yes, a year ago!) I have watched the list of shows across the USofA grow through the year with the hope that eventually I'd see some movement eastwards over the water. But, apart from a flurry of excitement when the JT solo gig in Palma Majorca nearly coincided with my holiday over there, no sign of a trip to Blighty has emerged.

Now I see on another thread that the next record is beginning its genesis and whilst this suggests that there may be a tour to support it, this will be some way off.

Oh well - just need to come across there myself will I......?

I spoke to Pat after the Autumn Defence show in Cardiff. He was hoping to come back sometime to the UK in 2009. Nothing set in stone though.