Cheap Trick Sgt. Pepper's at 40

I broke down and got tickets for this today. I wanted to get them back when they first went on sale but made the financially smart decision and did not. This morning I went to the Ruth Eckerd Hall site and the 2 center seats in the last row - the best of the cheap seats! - some how were available. I got out the little plastic devil and, voila!, we're going.

Cheap Trick did Sgt. Pepper's at 40 shows last summer with Geoff Emerick behind the soundboard and a full orchestra at the Hollywood Bowl and the Waldorf-Astoria. Since Robin Zander lives in Clearwater, his adopted town scored a show on 21st November. I realized that I'd be an idiot to ignore such an opportunity. I am going to surprise my wife, a big Beatle's fan. WHOOT!!

Did anyone attend one of the LA or NYC shows or going to the Clearwater one?

Here is a link to a St. Petersburg Times article about the shows: http://www.tampabay.com/features/music/article493568.ece

i was hoping you'd seen this and were posting about the show! :lol

i didn't see the show in l.a. i'm a cheap trick fan from back in the day, but haven't seen them live since '86 or '87 (just before lap of luxury came out).

let us know how this is carter!

I had decided not to say another word about it due to 58 views and not one reply. Not a 'that sounds cool' or a 'Geoff Emerick!!' nor a 'you moron. I saw it and it they are blasphemous hacks' or a 'I was lucky enough to catch a show. Enjoy!' or a 'you lucky bastard'. Hell, not even a 'fuck you, you bastard. No one gives a shit.'. Hell even the other Tampa Bay area VCers had no reply at all...GAH!! PhilCollinsesis!!

But now I will gladly give a report. Thank you, ms yvon. You give mods, a good name.

i didn't realize this was in FLORIDA! dude, what a bit of luck having that robin zander living down there!

fun coincidence: this morning i picked up the small stack of 45s i still own. i flipped thru them and saw a picture sleeve of "dream police." (also in the stack: "you shook me all night long," "dust in the wind", "dirty water," "don't stand so close to me," and "rubber duckie" :lol )

I had decided not to say another word about it due to 58 views and not one reply. Not a 'that sounds cool' or a 'Geoff Emerick!!' nor a 'you moron. I saw it and it they are blasphemous hacks' or a 'I was lucky enough to catch a show. Enjoy!' or a 'you lucky bastard'. Hell, not even a 'fuck you, you bastard. No one gives a shit.'. Hell even the other Tampa Bay area VCers had no reply at all...GAH!! PhilCollinsesis!!

But now I will gladly give a report. Thank you, ms yvon. You give mods, a good name.

Doug, I did look for tickets. If this was a tad bit cheaper, I would go. The playoffs cleared out my funds, and my fiancee is unemployed. Enjoy the show. Wish I could go.

Doug, I did look for tickets. If this was a tad bit cheaper, I would go. The playoffs cleared out my funds, and my fiancee is unemployed. Enjoy the show. Wish I could go.

Thanks, Mike. The expense is why I initially opted out. As of yesterday there were still a couple of pairs of seats in the last row - Carter Country - Jaysus! Anyone remember that show! - in case you find $118. I'll buy you a beer. It'll be in the parking lot from a cooler in the trunk but it'll be a good beer. :thumbup

I hope that your economic situation, shit the country's economic situation, improves soon.

Thanks, Mike. The expense is why I initially opted out. As of yesterday there were still a couple of pairs of seats in the last row - Carter Country - Jaysus! Anyone remember that show! - in case you find $118. I'll buy you a beer. It'll be in the parking lot from a cooler in the trunk but it'll be a good beer. :thumbup

I hope that your economic situation, shit the country's economic situation, improves soon.

Thanks, Doug. When I looked there were cheap seats, but with Ticketmaster fees and the price of tickets, i don't know. If it was Wilco I'd be there in a second. priorities and all.

Not trying to pressure or beat a dead horse but I bought mine directly from Ruth Eckerd Hall's website, for what it's worth. I agree that Wilco would easily be a no-brainer at any price!

I haven't been around in a couple of days so I just saw your post today. If it wasn't Cheap Trick I'd hate this idea, but I'm a big enough CT fan to be interested in this show. Unfortunately, I'm not really close to this locale. I read about the previous shows and they received really good reviews. I keep hoping that there will be a dvd/cd release but I would prefer no guest singers. If Zander isn't singing all of the songs, my interest wanes a bit.