Inspired by Howard Zinn

Do you support an new 911 investigation  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support an new 911 investigation

• yes
    • no

For everyone who was liable to die in a vast nuclear war?

granted. but how long did it take to find a new enemy a new nuclear threat. Im of the opinion that the U.S.A has not had a real enemy since world war 2.

The cold war is very intresting ,years of threats but no war, Im not denying that the U.S.S.R was an oposition of the U.S.A but besides the cuban misle crisis

there was alot of fearmongering on both sides they fell you won. Was there truly a constant nuclear threat I supose thats way over my head Im sure if I got C.I.A briefings I would have a stable opinion on this. Let me ask you this, do you belive that Iran is a real threat to your country because as far as I can see the U.S.A is the one constantly pushing them.

Open Question does everyone here agree that a plane hit the pentagon? Cause a new investigation could clear that mess up.

http://thewebfairy.com/911/pentagon/index.html

I think Iran is a threat to the stability of the oil flow out of the Middle East, but that's about as far as it goes. Iran seems to want to be the hegemon in that part of the world, which makes Americans pretty nervous as we have had some issues with them dudes in the past. It would seem to me that both sides have a lot to lose by getting involved in a shooting war, but people's judgment might be bad and one might happen anyway, as a result of an Iranian navy patrol boat giving too much sass to a U.S. Navy destroyer or something. Maybe Iran will "test" us, as Biden predicted someone might in the early Obama era. If I were them I might, if my actual goal as the nation of Iran was to get into a shooting war with the U.S., as Obama might be tempted to react strongly to provocation so as not to appear wussy. Or maybe Obama'll shift the paradigm and show strength through restraint.

As for the nuclear tension which marked the past several decades, the threat of a nuclear exchange being started by accident was (is?) probably a lot greater than somebody on either side making a cold, calculated decision to actually launch the weapons. I hope the ratcheting down of tensions in the post-USSR era has made a nuclear exchange less likely, but again, there's always a chance of a mistake.

Maybe Iran will "test" us, as Biden predicted someone might in the early Obama era. If I were them I might, if my actual goal as the nation of Iran was to get into a shooting war

That a very good assesment of the situation very rational. I find Bidens comments about Obama being tested to be insanely strange I suppose it could have just been a slip up but why the hell did he say that, can you imagine if he said that after the election it would have been even worse.