meatface.png

The Man Who Couldn't Afford To Orgy - John Cale

Will He Be Waiting For Me? - Dolly Parton

Christina - Falstaff

Game Of Pricks - Guided By Voices

Ffrwydriad Yn Y Ffurfafen - Gruff Rhys

Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick - Ian Dury & The Blockheads

Eight Miles High - H

You people who got the mix, let us ALL know what you think, if you would, please.

I like to hear what you think, and it's easier to keep a dialogue going like this, instead of responding to multiple PMs.

I hope that you like it.

Hey Todd I would be keen to hear this mix! Was there any particular thread linking these tracks together? I've not heard

Falstaff

Kirsty MacColl

Linus Of Hollywood

Os Mutantes

Pat Peterman

The Webb Brothers but like much all the track I have heard so yeah.

Hey Todd I would be keen to hear this mix! Was there any particular thread linking these tracks together? I've not heard

Falstaff

Kirsty MacColl

Linus Of Hollywood

Os Mutantes

Pat Peterman

The Webb Brothers but like much all the track I have heard so yeah.

Hey Scott,

I actually put the mix together for a friend of mine here at work, and chose some stuff that I thought he might like. But aside from that, there was no link at all to any of these things. The mix is what it says it is... random stuff from my iTunes.

And... check your PMs

Good mix of sex wit angst and humor. Only track I don't like is the Husker Du one. Just never liked that band. Left me curious about the Linus of Hollywood album and Roy Wood will have ta look into them some more...

Glad you dug it, Scott.

Linus Of Hollywood - A pure pop songwriter, through-and-through. He's also a studio musician out in L.A., and the owner of Franklin Castle Records. That song is an Ozzy Osbourne cover.

Roy Wood - The leader (and founding member of) The Move, which is the band that later morphed into ELO, once Jeff Lynne wrestled control of the band away from Roy. Roy's solo albums are amazingly eccentric and frequently quite beautiful, even at their most ridiculous. The Move's song "Flowers In the Rain" (pre-Lynne) was the first song ever played by BBC1.

Recommendations:

Linus Of Hollywood - Your Favorite Record and Let Yourself Be Happy

The Move - The Move, Shazam, or any best of...

Roy Wood - Boulders (other than that, all I have is a compilation... The Best Of Roy Wood and Wizzard.)