Help me pick my next CD purchase

I appreciate all the advice. I have not pulled the trigger yet. Maybe I need to break down and run the table. But here are a couple of follow up questions:

1. If I go Bon Iver, do I get For Emma instead of Blood Bank?

2. If I go Andrew Bird, is Useless Creatures a necessity? or an overindulgence?

I appreciate all the advice. I have not pulled the trigger yet. Maybe I need to break down and run the table. But here are a couple of follow up questions:

1. If I go Bon Iver, do I get For Emma instead of Blood Bank?

2. If I go Andrew Bird, is Useless Creatures a necessity? or an overindulgence?

To answer your questions:

1. Yes

2. Yes, Yes

In your honor, being the stand up guy that I am, I listened to Jason Isbell followed by Animal Collective (even though not on your list). I almost got whiplash performing this feat but I have to say that you really need to get the Jason Isbell and Animal Collective CD's. Both amazing although I give the edge to Isbell (more my speed than anything). If you already have Attack and Release then Dan Auerbach is a great choice.

Glad I could be absolutely useless to you.

Good luck!

Is this the EP?? it is from the same "sessions as Emma?? Why the heck didn't it ALL get on one record then and be done with it?

LouieB

no it's not all from the For Emma stuff he did at the cabin. the first song, Blood Bank was recorded in 2006/2007 with the For Emma stuff, but he said in an interview that he felt it didn't fit with the rest of the record. As for the other 3 songs, they were recorded between 2007 and 2008 at a few different times.

I almost got whiplash performing this feat but I have to say that you really need to get the Jason Isbell and Animal Collective CD's.

Good luck!

the new Animal Collective is excellent. almost perfect record (minus Also Frightened).