Architecture of Authority

the Museum i work at has an upcoming exhibition called Architecture of Authority and we're doing a Flickr experiment relating to the exhibition.

Architecture of Authority Flickr group

the snag is we're still trying to figure the whole Flickr thing out and are still trying to figure out how to reach out to people to get them interested in participating in the group and sharing their photographs. it's no wilco photo contest, but if you're interested, check it out and please feel free to add your own photos to the group of powerful architecture/powerful places/places of power.

Very cool! Museums are starting to use online resources such as flickr as a means to showcase their collections and/or create interactive environments to connect with their audience - I wish I had some appropriate photos to add; two places I've been that come to mind are San Lorenzo's Chapel of the Princes in Florence (a space that just reeks of death and power), and the queue at Space Mountain. We have the Architecture of Authority exhibition catalog in the library where I work but someone has it checked out already - I'll have to put a reserve on it & snag it when it comes back in.

Very cool! Museums are starting to use online resources such as flickr as a means to showcase their collections and/or create interactive environments to connect with their audience - I wish I had some appropriate photos to add; two places I've been that come to mind are San Lorenzo's Chapel of the Princes in Florence (a space that just reeks of death and power), and the queue at Space Mountain. We have the Architecture of Authority exhibition catalog in the library where I work but someone has it checked out already - I'll have to put a reserve on it & snag it when it comes back in.

definitely check it out. there's some interesting juxtapositions throughout the book. classrooms and waiting rooms that look about the same as prison holding areas. the photos are pretty stark.