Hideout's Tim Tuten

This is kinda of interesting. I only have been going to the Hideout since they been putting on jazz shows on Wednesdays so I do not know him as well as some might on this site. Sounds like a great opportunity. I wonder if he will emcee Pitchfork Fest this year, though I guess some might be happy if he doesn't.

From Greg Kot's Blog:

Obama administration brings the Hideout's Tim Tuten to Washington

On election day last Nov. 4, Chicago Schools Supt. Arne Duncan was scheduled to play a little pick-up basketball with the man who was soon to be the next president of the United States, Barack Obama.

In his role as communications officer for Chicago Public Schools, Tim Tuten was besieged by reporters trying to track down Duncan and Obama on that historic day. So Tuten emailed Duncan.

This is pretty dang cool! Thanks for posting it. I was not aware he worked in education/admin/media relations for his day job.

I've seen a few shows at the Hideout and Tim's introductions are bigger than life!

Holy Shit....I never thought he really would go. Too bad. Wonder what will happen to the Hideout, one of the greatest clubs ever.

I guess things have to change, but when the Hideout got a makeover last year I wasn't too pleased, and it now it attracts a large hipster contingent. So it goes. Luckily I got to go to the Hideout hundreds of times.

LouieB

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/hoekstr...Tuten24.article

Another article on Tuten. A Sue Miller shout out and a nice background of the Hideout and other clubs in Chicago.

I guess things have to change, but when the Hideout got a makeover last year I wasn't too pleased, and it now it attracts a large hipster contingent. So it goes. Luckily I got to go to the Hideout hundreds of times.

Lou, you should go on a Wed. night. Some nights there are only about 10-20 free jazz middle aged dorks like myself. When it's a packed night, just more dorks with a sprinkle of hipsters. :D

Actually this Friday and Saturday is the Immediate Sound Series Three Year Anniversary. Should be a great week end. I saw the Abs Baar Trio and Vandermark at the Cultural Center this pass Wednesday. Great show.

The line up is belwow:

http://www.umbrellamusic.org/

Lou, you should go on a Wed. night. Some nights there are only about 10-20 free jazz middle aged dorks like myself. When it's a packed night, just more dorks with a sprinkle of hipsters. :D

Actually this Friday and Saturday is the Immediate Sound Series Three Year Anniversary. Should be a great week end. I saw the Abs Baar Trio and Vandermark at the Cultural Center this pass Wednesday. Great show.

I should go way more often. I have been and seen some interesting stuff, but it being smack dab in the middle of a work week is a disincentive. But PM me sometime when you are going and I will try and get my lame ass out of the house. This is the best instance of inprov music on the north side.

I remember talking to Tim about these artists when he really had no idea about them. Luckily he took them up on this and now it has been going on for all these years. Kudos to the Hideout for figuring it out.

Oh and yea...you ain't middle aged (or I am really fucking old..one of the two.... :lol )

LouieB

Oh and yea...you ain't middle aged (or I am really fucking old..one of the two.... :lol )

LouieB

I guess I just feel middle aged on Thursday morning after I attend a Wednesday night show. You are not really old, Lou.

I guess I just feel middle aged on Thursday morning after I attend a Wednesday night show. You are not really old, Lou.

Nah, not really old, just too old to be out groovin one night and trying to work the next....(need to be sent back for re-grooving.....) Let's plan this for sometime soon however.

LouieB