Ipod dock recommendations...

Hi..I had a logitech Ipod dock and I used it for about 6 hours a day for 2 years and then it just crapped out. I was wondering if anyone has one that they can recommend that works well, sounds great and it sorta reasonable...thanks!

Hope this is the right forum for this question....

I've got the Bose Sound Dock. I don't know how "reasonable" it is, but it sounds amazing and it will last a lifetime, so to me it beats buying one every couple of years. I think it is around $300. Anything Bose is awesome.

I've got the Bose Sound Dock. I don't know how "reasonable" it is, but it sounds amazing and it will last a lifetime, so to me it beats buying one every couple of years. I think it is around $300. Anything Bose is awesome.

I like Bose..got their noise cancelling headphones which are awesome...just trying to save a few bucks but I do see your point!

I like Bose..got their noise cancelling headphones which are awesome...just trying to save a few bucks but I do see your point!

Those are really nice headphones... I've got the Bose padded on-the-ear headphones, and I wear them to the gym everyday and sweat like I am getting paid for it... I am continuously amazed at how they have held up after 2 years. They still sound great, and I really beat the hell out of them.

But yeah, to me it sounds like for as much use your dock will be getting, get something that you will enjoy and will last. Why pay $200 for a mediocre machine that may not last, when for an extra $100 you can have a Bose.

Those are really nice headphones... I've got the Bose padded on-the-ear headphones, and I wear them to the gym everyday and sweat like I am getting paid for it... I am continuously amazed at how they have held up after 2 years. They still sound great, and I really beat the hell out of them.

But yeah, to me it sounds like for as much use your dock will be getting, get something that you will enjoy and will last. Why pay $200 for a mediocre machine that may not last, when for an extra $100 you can have a Bose.

The logitech had awesome sound and it was $100 brand new when I got it in 2007. The other issue is I leave it on my desk at work. Don't want to leave anything too expensive lying around...I see some boses though on ebay for $100-150...of course those have been previously used...

:monkey

The logitech had awesome sound and it was $100 brand new when I got it in 2007. The other issue is I leave it on my desk at work. Don't want to leave anything too expensive lying around...I see some boses though on ebay for $100-150...of course those have been previously used...

:monkey

I have an Altec Lansing dock, which I see is around $80-100 on Amazon, depending on which supplier you buy from. I've had it a long time and it works fine. I use it at work, so I don't crank up the volume much, but at low/medium volume it sounds good.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00017IX10

I have one (two, actually) of a dock that has been compared to being as good/near as good as comparable Bose docks. I'm spacing the name right now (it'll come to me) but it cost $70 on ebay (and I found them on sale for $30 last Xmas in some media outlet store) as compared to the $300 Bose. I love the sound it puts out.

ed. Athena iVoice. Doesn't play/charge the new gen Nanos, though.

bose is too expensive. i did a shit load of research before buying mine. THE BEST DOCK is the Griffin Amplifi. check it out. $150. it has a subwoofer and is basically 2.1. sounds as good as the bose with better base and the price is incredible. give this one a look. the rest are nothing compared to this. :dancing