From Scott's newsletter:

April 14, 2009. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!

Well, this date has been circled on my calendar for quite some time, and to tell the truth I am still confused as to how to approach it. Either "HOLY SH#@ MY RECORD COMES OUT TODAY! Yip! Yip! P- tang!" or "Okay, now the real work begins..." ?

There are no rules anymore on how much hype you need to attach to the actual day/hour of the CD release. Between word of mouth and the internet you the people make or break a record and distribute it, and the driving force is back on the artist (that would be me, in this case..) to tour. I ain't complaining. I prefer it this way.

So here we go, off like a herd of turtles...plodding towards the future...

You want to buy an actual real live compact disc? Go here. http://www.thescottmiller.com/scottmiller_store09.html

Or maybe you just want to buy and download it to your computer (for only $9.99)? Go here. http://www.thescottmiller.com/scottmiller_music09.html

Perhaps you want to wait and burn a copy from a friend? As my good buddy Mic Harrison would say, "Well, why don't you just walk into Miller's house and steal the fish stick right off his plate?" I sure hope you choose one of the first two options.

If not, come out and see the band and spend that money on some beer for us:

Thu 4/16/09

Down Home (band)

Johnson City, TN

Fri 4/17/09

Down Home (band)

Johnson City, TN

Sat 4/18/09

Down Home (band)

Johnson City, TN

Wed 4/22/09

The Nick (solo)

Birmingham, AL

Thu 4/23/09

Smith's Olde Bar (band)

Atlanta, GA

Fri 4/24/09

Grey Eagle (band)

Asheville, NC

Sat 4/25/09

The Shed (band)

Maryville, TN

Train Tour (see below)

Sat 6/6/09

Blue Plum Festival (band)

Johnson City, TN

As always, stay tuned to the website and spread the word!

Scott Miller

SCOTT MILLER STEPS ONTO AMTRAK FOR "MULE TRAIN MMIX" TOUR, PROMOTES NEW CD BY VISITING EASTERN SEABOARD "AMTRAK CRESCENT" CITIES, STARTING MAY 9 IN NEW ORLEANS

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - All over the country, musicians are touring in buses and Econolines. Scott Miller has an idea that's far more fun, greener and calls attention to a forgotten mode of transportation - trains. On May 9, he will embark on his "Mule Train MMIX" tour by boarding the Amtrak Crescent, which celebrates its 30th anniversary this year. Miller, whose new album For Crying Out Loud will be released today, April 14, 2009, on the indie F.A.Y. Records, will ride the rails up the East Coast.

On May 9, Miller and his band the Commonwealth will kick off the tour with a performance at New Orleans' Amtrak station at 5:30 p.m., celebrating both the 30th anniversary of the Amtrak Crescent route and National Train Day. From there, Miller will ride the Crescent, which extends from New Orleans to New York, opening with a tour stop in Greenville, S.C. at the Handlebar. Washington, D.C is next on May 16 followed by Easton, Md. (May 17), Philadelphia (May 19) and others to be announced shortly. (A full itinerary appears below.)

Miller comments, "Just as the fledgling Republic of Texas called Sam Houston back again and again to save them, the railroads have called me back to single-handedly save them as well. Okay, not really - but they did call about playing an event on National Train Day (May 9th) in New Orleans and since I had a new record coming out we worked out a partnership so I can take the train to shows up the East Coast. That proves that trains are relevant to me. As far as the rest of the country, well, that's one of the things I aim to find out!" As before, Miller will travel from tour city to tour city on Amtrak.

The dates are as follow:

May 9 NEW ORLEANS, LA Amtrak Station, 5:30 p.m. (full band) 30th Anniversary of the Amtrak Crescent and National Train Day celebration

May 13 GREENVILLE, SC The Handlebar (solo)

May 16 WASHINGTON, DC/ALEXANDRIA, VA Iota (solo)

May 17 EASTON, MD Night Cat (solo)

May 19 PHILADELPHIA, PA World Caf