The great iPod crash of 2009

My email is sarahchastain17(at)gmail.com

the ELO I am missing is Out of the Blue, and No Answer, I had another record too but I can't recall the name (I only listened to it once)...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The one good thing about losing all your stuff = it makes you REALLY SERIOUS about running backups, like, forever.

Just a shoutout to Other World Computing (OWC.com, I think)...anyway, they make an external drive that you can get w/Firewire 400 - or even 800 if you have a MacBookPro like mine that's got a port for it. They're pretty reasonably priced AND - the best part - you don't need an external power supply. Just port it into your USB/Firewire and you're good to go.

I have a 160gb I use for all my live-show boots & stuff....works great. Also an 80gb I got a few years ago that's just got miscellany. One's a FW800, the other a USB - so I plug 'em both in and then plug in my 1TB Mercury Elite Pro USB drive and back the entire shebang up using Time Machine a couple times a week. Works a treat.

Someone already mentioned this, but do get Senuti - you can back up your IPod justlikethat and it's either super cheap or free.

Shout out from Nashville, btw! Didja go see the boys at Record Store Day in Kville? I had Flaming Lips tix that night so didn't make it out, was pretty bummed when I realized I was double booked. Saw the Asheville show, tho.