Unplugged & Unwigged (Guest/McKean/Shearer)

Great show last night. The guys played pretty much all the songs from "This Is Spinal Tap," in new and awesome arrangements. Plenty of stories/banter/video clips, along with a brief session of Q/A with the audience. I don't have a set list, but in addition to the Spinal Tap stuff (including Thamesmen, New Originals, etc.), they played stuff from A Mighty Wind. The show went for about 2 hours in all.

Highlights for me: a read-through of NBC's edits as required for showing "This Is Spinal Tap" on late-night TV, Sex Farm, Stonehenge, and a brilliant folk cover of the Stones' Start Me Up.

I would highly recommend this show to anyone who's a fan of the Tap. Good seats were still available at the Warner--I've heard they've not been selling out their other shows.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a different show on this tour and also had a great time. The Q & A at mine was hilarious. This visibly drunk chick in a side balcony got up to ask a question and they riffed on it for a while. First she said "I have a question" and right away Guest said "black coffee, that's the answer." Her question was something along the lines of "What are your future plans in regards to cinema" and Chris Guest said "I'm taking my son to see Wolverine this weekend." :lol

Start Me Up was great. I was falling out of my chair laughing at the end during the "You make a dead man come" part.