Decemberists/Robyn Hitchcock + the Venus 3

Really nice photos!

I went to the show at Radio City last night, and enjoyed the Hazards of Love performance (though I think I'd need to see it at least once more to take it all in). In the second set, they did "Begin the Begin" with Peter Buck as the first song of the encore. And could there have been a better choice of a cover to do with Becky and Shara than Heart's "Crazy On You?" That was pretty kickass. :rock

Setlist for the second set at Radio City was:

The Crane Wife 3

July, July!

Billy Liar (w/crowd chorus-style singalong)

Sleepless

The Bachelor and the Bride

Dracula's Daughter>

O Valencia!

The Chimbley Sweep

Crazy On You [Heart] (w/Becky Stark and Shara Worden on vocals)

-------------------

Begin The Begin [R.E.M.] (w/Peter Buck on guitar, as well Becky Stark and Shara Worden on guitar and percussion)

Sons and Daughters (w/Becky Stark and Shara Worden on guitar and vocals)

it's really funny that @ the boston show, i met up w/ a friend at intermission and he made the call between becky and shara's vocals and the wilson sisters. then they pull that one out!

i wasn't familiar w/ _Hazards of Love_ but enjoyed it quite a bit. i would have really liked to have heard more RH though; his headlining show in boston back in May was cancelled due to laryngitis. i saw him + Venus 3 in '07 and it was fabulous, including an encore w/ 'ballad of a thin man,' 'see emily play' and a beatles' song i can't recall right now.

this was a soundboard shoot which also kinda irked me....i wanted to get some nice tight shots of Peter Buck but it was not to be.